When I looked closely at the photo of the finished album, I was not happy with the start/finish of the gimp at the bottom center.
I had experimented with some tatting and found a small section to sort of camouflage the area. I then remembered I had a button I found in the ground at the farm when we were planting our Aronia berries. I added the button over the center of the tatting. The shank of the button was smashed, so I had to glue it in place with E6000 glue and then clamped it in place overnight. I think it will hold...fingers crossed.
It adds a small piece of the family farm history to this piece which I hope will make it even more special to the recipient who grew up in this home and played on this property. Now to say goodbye to this album and get it in the mail. I hope you enjoyed seeing photos.