Thursday, February 7, 2013

Another Completed Project - A Fabric Covered Binder Notebook

Remember the medium sized block I was working on?  Well, I finally finished with it.  It is now part of the cover of a photo album.

Here it is all stitched...

All it took was a few supplies: 
  • a binder;
  • the CQ panel;
  • interfacing;
  • upholstery fabric;
  • basics such as scissors, ruler, cutting mat.

I shared some links with tutorials on various ways to create a binder cover HERE.

The hardest part was hand stitching the gimp around the edge of the block.  

Well, that's the small blocks for February's CQJP and the medium size block for the gift completed.  Now back to that huge one.  I appreciated all of your thoughts and ideas on taking care of that eyesore blank in the middle of it.  It was unanimous that something needed to be done there.  I have been playing with it a bit and thinking about all the suggestions I received as I have been working on these other blocks.  I have a pretty good idea what I want to do in that area.  If I can't think of any other distractions I may get back to that block.


Magpie's Mumblings said...

Very lovely cover. Your panel complements the other fabric you used. SO much nicer than the original binder!!

margaret said...

what a beautiful cover for a file, it has worked so well, must now pop over and see your tutorial.

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Thanks for noticing MA. I coordinated my threads with the other fabric. I do like covered binders.

Thank you also Margaret. This was pretty easy to make and I imagine I will be doing more in the future. I didn't create the tutorial, but there are some very clear tutorial links. Hope you are inspired.

Marjolein said...

This is one of the most beautiful binders I have ever seen. This is something I definitely must try. I have some awful looking binders.

Suztats said...

Oh, it's gorgeous! It's the most beautiful binder I've ever seen!