Saturday, February 16, 2013

Sneak Peak at CQJP 2013 March Block


It never ceases to surprise me as to the huge difference made by adding seam treatments.  Below is the before and after of one of my CQJP 2013 blocks for March.  I really don't worry too much about how patches look next to each other on a block because I know the stitching will unify the block.




Last Monday and Tuesday my boss was out of town so DH and I decided to take a mini vacation to Kansas City just to get away.  We stayed near and shopped at the Crown Center and toured Hallmark, visited Union Station and the WWI Museum.  There is so much to do in the KC area.  Unfortunately the museum was closed both days so I guess we will have to plan another trip soon.  On the way home we went to Parkville, MO and shopped at Florilgium (my all time favorite!) and a couple of antique shops.  I drooled a lot and purchased some heart shaped crystals at Florilgium.  I bought more doilies and this dainty little fresh water pearl necklace (for a quarter!) at the antique shops.  We also stopped at an antique mall in St. Joe on the way home and I bought a couple more doilies and some beautiful copper fabric and some taffeta in subtle reds and golds.  The weather was beautiful and we had a wonderful time.



Do you have a special shop you love to visit?  Please share and if I am in the area I will be sure to visit it too.  I love visiting new places and quaint little shops.  My DH and I are planning to drive down to Florida to meet our daughter's family at Disney World and also do a little exploring in route, taking our time.  That will be in November some time.  I traveled a lot for my previous employer, but my DH hasn't seen a lot of the southeast and I look forward to seeing more.  This will be my first trip to Florida.  Can't wait!!!

9 comments:

margaret said...

your block looks great Connie, I like how you have used just the one colour for the embellishing.
The trip you have sounded good and you saw lots of things.More to come as well, you lucky girl. No shops for you to visit around here, unfortunately the internet has meant a lot of stitching shops have gone.

Createology said...

Your block looks like it has a lot of seams to embellish...however when I see your seam treatments with the unity of one color thread it looks fabulous! Stitching Bliss...

Suztats said...

I like the look of 1 type/colour of thread on your block. Some nice finds you made on your trips. Happy hunting!

Lorraine said...

Your colour scheme, block and stitching look beautiful. I love to seek out new stores when I travel so will make a note of this one. Who knows when I might be in MO! Florida sounds fun.

Marjolein said...

You're so right!
These seam treatments in one color do unify perfectly.
I especially like the curly one at the top of the cretan stitches on the purple fabric.

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

I have really been enjoying these blocks. I can't rely on anything to hide my mistakes and have been forced to be creative with my stitching. Some stitch combinations have come from vintage crazy quilts but many of the stitch combos are some that evolved as I stitch. Thanks for all the wonderful comments! You all encourage me to keep going.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful sanity day! Your block is definitely 'my' colours.

scarlett clay said...

I love little shops like that, too! There's a town called Fredericksburg about 2 hours from me that has a few but it's so hard to find the time to drive over. Looks like you found some wonderful things and your block is beautiful!

Lynn Stevens said...

Huge difference Connie. It really is amazing.

Great finds on your travels. If you ever come to Idaho I'll TAKE you to some of my favorite places!

Your going to Love Florida so pretty and not to hot this time of year.

P.S. Thanks for entering my giveaway and best of luck.
Hugs Lynn