Saturday, May 8, 2010

Sewing, Beading and Painting Unfinished Projects

It is the 8th of May already! Mother's Day is tomorrow, so Happy Mother's Day to all of you. Do you ever feel like you are busy, busy, busy but not getting anything done? I was feeling that way for awhile. I finally finished the curtains and a skirt for my counter in my studio. I've posted images of the skirt on my other blog, http://ceostudiosolutions.blogspot.com/ if you want to check it out. I am pretty pleased with the way it turned out. I will be posting pictures of the curtains soon, or whenever I get around to taking pictures again.



Other items near completion: I am nearly finished with a painting I have been working on that will be part of my "Keys to My Past" genealogy series. As for my beading, I have been learning the Peyote stitch as my May challenge and picking up on that. I've made a couple of rings, but need to do a couple more and then take photos to share. I am also finishing up the "Triangle Weave" project that I started earlier this year. I have lined the amulet bag and just need to add a tassel and closure. I will probably work on a technique for the handle in the next month or two as a monthly challenge.



In the meantime, I wanted to share another small bag that I made out of fabric from an old dress I bought at a thrift store. I simply added trim onto the front flap using leftover beads and recycled beads. I began with a simple ladder stitch with bugle beads, went to the brick stitch with seed beads and finished off with fringe made out of various color coordinated beads I had in my studio. I love color and this blue is one of my favorites. The purse itself is functional, but delicate, especially the handle. I suppose if I wanted to use it more I would add a little more secure handle. It's pretty, it sparkles, and I just have it hanging around to look at.





What have you all be working on? Enjoy the day tomorrow!

2 comments:

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: Very cute purse. Can't wait to see your curtain. Have a wonderful Mother's Day. Blessings, Martha

In the Light of the Moon said...

Wow I really know what you mean...going around in circles sometimes..but thats ok..at least im moving..sooner or later I will be moving in the right direction♥ Love the purse,how wonderful to have made it from a dress!!Warmest Regards,Cat