Friday, January 8, 2010

January Beading Challenge - Flat Right Angle Weave




It has been a few days since I last posted, so I thought I would start the year off with one of my resolutions. Actually, it is more of a goal. I have found through the years that I am very much a goal-oriented person. I have decided to learn a new beading technique each month. For January I have chosen a flat right angle weave technique using seed beads. I found the instructions for this through Beading Daily. This is a type of newsletter that I receive through email. It is very well edited and informative. I would highly recommend signing up to receive it if you are at all interested in working with either beads or wire. I wove a square using this new technique using size 11 turquoise seed beads. My square is shown here. It is my first one and by no means perfect. I have not decided what exactly I will do with this square, but I do have a couple of things in mind. Hopefully by the end of January I will have made something with the square so that I can move on to my February technique. I haven't yet decided what I will move on to next, but I'm sure Beading Daily will somehow inspire me with some new ideas. Here is the link for Beading Daily in case you want to learn this technique: Directions are in the Beading Daily video library. Follow that link on this page http://e1.interweave.com/dm?id=949A946DBAF6195EB59C68167176E15CAD0B43E0AE847CC5 I would love to see what you have made using this bead weaving technique.

No comments: