Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Necklaces in Shades of Copper and Gold




A strand of coin beads I purchased this past summer at a new bead shop in Colorado inspired the two necklaces shown here. I love these irridized beads because they can take on a character all their own depending on what they are coupled with. They are flat and about the diameter of a dime, allowing them to lay nicely. The two necklaces shown can be worn together which is a very popular thing to do now, or either can make a statement on it's own. The copper beads are beads I found at a garage sale. The small gold spacer beads were retrieved from an old necklace, as was the gold chain. Pairing the focus 'coin' beads with the copper and gold beads creates a very neutral necklace. Rather than this being a "copper" necklace, the copper is featured as more of a rich warm color. The earrings coordinate nicely with either necklace. These pieces will go with just about anything in your wardrobe. I can't wait to return to that bead shop to buy some more of these coin beads, maybe in a different color this time. Unfortunately I ran out of these beads before I ran out of ideas for them.

No comments: