Thursday, February 19, 2015

CQJP 2015 February Block with Sequins

CQJP 2015 February Block by Connie Eyberg

Finally finished my block for CQJP 2015.  Some of the seams were done in coordination with Joyful Embellishing on Facebook.  The plume is created using lots of sequins and beads so it really sparkles.  The pattern I used called for sequins at the base of the plume/top of stem but I liked the look of a vintage piece of jewelry I had in my stash.  I loved working on this block because it is my favorite color and also I love sparkle!


Here is a closeup of the plume.  I used sequins and beads I had on hand.  The pattern was taken from a book I have, Bead & Sequin Embroidery Stitches by Stanley Levy and published by Guild of Master Craftsman Publications, ISBN I 86108 371 8 (copyright 2004).  Lots of info and pretty pictures.


Here is the block without the sequins.  Just the seams are embroidered.  I'm not sure what I will do for my March block or even which color of block I will work on.  I should be receiving a mini block for our round robin within the next couple of days so I guess I can work on that while I mull over what to tackle next.


4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

This is just gorgeous. I had to get my book out and look through it again. I have never worked with sequins, but your piece is so inspiring I'm thinking about it.

Shirlee Fassell said...

Love the purples and of course the sequin plume is divine!

Maureen said...

Beautiful work!

Annette said...

Oh my I love all the sparkles and bling. Just up my alley isn't it? Thanks for showing it and I am drooling all over the screen here . xoxoxo