Wednesday, February 11, 2015

CQJP 2015 Begins

I seem to be out of control.  I always have some sort of plan in the back of my mind, though somewhat vague, but seem to end up going in a different direction.  This month's block ended up being much more intensive than anticipated.  Also, I certainly did not intend to use metallic threads!  Anyway, my January block is finally completed.  The block itself is much more of a green than shown here even though I photographed it in a natural light.  The metalics never seem to show up as well in a photograph either, at least for me.
2015 CQJP - January Block

Below is the block at a point where I had intended to be nearly finished.  I wasn't very happy with it as it didn't look complete to me.  I had planned to put a pocket in the center but didn't know how to accomplish that and have it look right.  

Embroidered seams on my January block

This image looks really blue, which it isn't, but a blue block would have been very pretty.  However, the color of the peacock feathers is more accurate in this photo.  I am pleased with the outcome but will now have to figure out where to go with the remaining 11 blocks as I just don't have time to devote to this much elaborate stitching every month.  A lot of hours were spent on this one and I am now feeling like I will never catch up.


4 comments:

Createology said...

The time you spent has created a stunning block. This peacock feather is perfect with your greens. Of course I am partial to the colors for when I get lost in what I like I merely need to remember these rich elegant jewel tones of a beautiful peacock. Stunning Dear...

Shirlee Fassell said...

Love the peacock feather! Makes a great centerpiece!

Annette said...

Just BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Miriam said...

Wow, the peacock feather is some amazing stitching! I don't want to think aboout how long it must have taken you. It's so detailed and looks absolutely beautiful. I'm finally putting together the four blocks that I managed in 2013 (not CQJP but partly inspired by it). and this puts me to shame. I really need to get on and do something as fabulous as this. Thank you so much for sharing your work.