Sunday, August 17, 2014

Block 46 Completed


Another block (46th one) in this series is now completed.  This one didn't have quite as many seams as some of the previous ones.  How many stitches do you recognize?  I have used pretty basic stitches throughout this process and find it surprising how many combinations are possible.


I believe I only have two more blocks pieced, so I better get some ideas going for the next project.  I usually stitch early morning before this part of the world wakes up.  It gets my day off to a great start.  When is your favorite time to stitch?  (All day every day doesn't count ~ lol)

4 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Well. Phooey. My answer was all day every day - of course it was! If I have to narrow it down it would have to be late morning, after the household chores are done and my coffee is at hand.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Oh no!, I can't do the chores first because they are never ending...they can wait. I usually get to CQ stitch about 9:30 and stitch for a few hours...I'm a slow stitcher. I usually work on other stitching in the evening in my recliner.

margaret said...

pondering on the stitch going across the the red and black, maybe coral stitch with chain inbetween and then some straight stitches not sure. First thing in the morning, sometimes 5am I catch up with blogs then breakfast, bath , maybe some cleaning and then play at stitching, rarely stitch in the evening as by then too tired.

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

MaryAnn I read your mind. I am impressed you have your daily chores done so early. Carol, I agree chores need to wait. I like to start my day with coffee and stitching...and before telemarketers start calling! Margaret, the stitch that runs along the edge of the red and black patches started off with buttonhole stitching (3 short and one long). I added a second row facing the first and then added some chain stitching through the middle where the two came together. Hope that helps. I rarely stitch in the evening either.