Saturday, November 24, 2012

TAST, My New Etsy Shop and Shrinky Dinks

First off, I finally got the nerve to open an Etsy shop.  I have only added one item at this point, but I have several pieces and prices to add to it, so please do check back.  I always value your feedback, so let me know what you think and maybe suggestions on any changes I could/should make.  http://www.etsy.com/shop/CEOriginals


This week's stitch for TAST was the Portuguese Border stitch.  Another new one, among many, for me.  Sometimes you don't know how much you don't know until you start learning.  I am learning there is a lot I don't know!  I'm not sure what type of tree this is or if it even qualifies as a tree, but I am calling it a tree.  The Portuguese Border stitch was a fun one to do and really pretty easy to control.  It is definitely going to find a place in my future projects. 



I had visitors overnight on Thanksgiving so my daughter could take her oldest and some friends Black Friday shopping.  I refuse to leave my house and join the craziness in the stores.  My twin granddaughters spent the night with me and they know I will always have something new to teach them.  Yesterday we played with Shrinky Dinks!  Actually I had never used them before and was looking forward to seeing what the girls came up with.  I had them do their drawing on paper and then trace it onto the Shrinky Dink page.  They then used colored pencils to color in the design.  It was fun watching them in the oven as they curled up, shrank and layed flat again.  It only took three minutes in the oven and they came out about one fourth of the original size.  Grace made a package with a bow on top and Sarah drew a cross.



The finished projects are going to be ornaments for their tree.  Their mom loved them and the girls were pretty proud and excited - as was I.

7 comments:

Suztats said...

Love the PB tree!
How nice you had the opportunity to play with your DGDs. Did you make some shrinky dinks, too?
Best of luck with your etsy shop, Connie. Off to check it out!

Suztats said...

Your Etsy shop looks great! Love your jewelery!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I haven't heard about Shrinky Dinks for years - didn't know it still existed. Great fun, and the girls created special treasures (along with special memories). As for the tree - of course it's a tree - it's a palm!!

Judy S. said...

Gosh, I'd forgotten all about shrinky dinks! Love your latest trees and the CQ projects, especially the one with the spoon on it.

Createology said...

Congratulations on opening your etsy shop. Your Portuguese stitch is lovely. What fun Shrinky Dinks are! I used to do them with my granddaughters. Your girls are very talented and made beautiful ornaments. Creative Bliss...

margaret said...

the portuguese stitch works well for tree branches, as you say a new stitch which will find its way into our creations.

Best of luck with your etsy shop I am sure you will do very well with your jewellery and anything else you may add.
Not heard of shrinky dinks but seem to remember there was somthing about a few years ago , probably the same but a different name here. The girls have every right to be proud of their creations and I am sure they will stand out well on the tree. They have inherited your creativity genes.

crazyQstitcher said...

I like your Portuguese Border tree. Made a lovely Tag.