Friday, August 31, 2012

Back to Jewelry

I absolutely love crystals!  So, I was excited when I was asked to do a commissioned piece.  I was asked to take apart this person's grandmother's bracelet and refashion it into a necklace.  I also love vintage jewelry and customarily only disassemble damaged jewelry, but she assured me it was just sitting in a drawer and she would like to have it turned into a necklace she would wear and enjoy.  The fact it was made from her grandmother's crystals made it special to her.  This is the design I came up with.  I am going to take it to her today sometime and hope she is pleased with it. 


It is so difficult to design for someone you don't know, but she did reference one of my pieces on display in a local shop.  This piece of jewelry sparkles so beautifully which is not easy to show in a photo.  I have my fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm sure she loved your creation and will wear it with pride. I know I would!

Lorraine said...

You did a beautiful job!