I am happy to report I made it through the remainder of Sunday without a hitch and today is going very well. I didn't stick myself with a pin (like someone suggested~lol~Jan). I was also asked to show what I have been working on. Here are some of the items.
I'm not sure if the spools of thread count, but I am working on ideas for where I might keep them and will probably post the solution on my other blog, assuming I find the solution. I'm always open for suggestions (hint, hint). I did find one idea that I posted on my Studio Solutions blog. My mom sent all of this beautiful thread home with me when I was out to visit. OK, I agree, let's move on...
The following is a small bag I have almost completed. I used some of the leftover scraps from my fall pillow. I am at a standstill trying to decide what to use as a handle. I'm not finding what I want and as soon as I get some kind of handle on it and maybe some bead fringe, it will be completed.
Below is the flip side. I also took photos as I was lining it so I can perhaps share a tutorial on the SimplyCQ blog I'm part of.
This fan/heart was going to be for the heart swap I'm participating in at Mosaic Magpie, but it was going to end up too large. I'm still deciding where I want to go from here with it, whether I want to apply it onto a square or fan shaped pillow or if I want to keep it in a heart shape. Also, whether I want it to be stuffed like a pillow or make it into a box or something. So many decisions to make, so it will sit for awhile until I can decide.
This ribbon is what I worked on yesterday. I wanted to experiment with ribbons and this is what I started with. I love the color and the sheen. I added a matching seed bead where I tacked the two sides together.
One of my favorite color combos is aqua and copper/brown. I don't have enough of this fabric left, but I love how it coordinates. One of my other passions that I seem to have wandered away from is making doll size old fashioned clothing and accessories to go into a trunk. My first thought after completing this section of ribbon was that it would be perfect for trim on one of those dresses. I may work up some designs, but for now that is on the back burner until some of the other projects are completed. I already have a doll and a few items and ideas for accessories that I will share at a later time. It's kind of like the adult version of the American Girl Doll, but for an adult (me).
I have a couple of monthly bead challenge projects that I am working to finish up and will post them when completed. The one I'm focusing (sort of) on now is one I'm really excited about. It is going to be a necklace with a real vintage Victorian flair. I also need to mount and frame my first CQ project. Any tips on doing this would certainly be welcomed!
I hope you are all having a fabulous week!