Sunday, January 16, 2011

Planning Vacation - thinking Summer!

I am getting the winter blahs and a bit of cabin fever. I am eager to get on my bicycle and get some exercise and fresh air. I know, it's still January. This is a good time to plan vacation and get me looking forward. We are planning a couple of fun trips this year. First we will be heading back to Breckenridge, CO for a few days. We love Colorado and try to drive out there every year. Our son is getting in a bike race so we are heading out to watch him ride. We are hoping to take our granddaughter and one of her friends along.


After that we are heading to New England for a family reunion. We plan to spend a couple of days at the reunion and then renting a car and driving up to Quebec City, Canada. We have always heard how beautiful it is there and are excited to finally see for ourselves. If any of you have suggestions or ideas of 'must see' places to visit or sites to see there, I would love your input!


I am dreading flying anywhere because of the hassle at the airports, but we just don't have time to drive from home. Maybe the TSA will relax a little between now and then. A girl can dream. I am always the one that gets pulled off to the side. We had gone to the Bahamas a few years ago (before 9-11) for our son's wedding and had to change planes three times. I was checked between each flight even though I didn't even leave the airport between flights! Honest, I do not have a threatening appearance. My DH just laughs. I'm voting for a direct flight.


I've been doing some organizing and some cleaning as well as trying to finish up all the projects I started in 2010. I am determined to finish (at least most) of what I started already before moving on to more projects. I'll let you all know how that works out for me. LOL! Hope you are all having a great weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're planning a trip to Santa Fe next month for a few days and hopefully Moab in April to ride.
So guess the bug has hit more than one of us!!!
Hope to pop over to Breck to have a beer with you guys this summer. Fingers crossed.
Apparently today is a day for cleaning and organizing. Well, the wind's blowing pretty hard (something wicked this way comes) so may as well clean, right?
Have a great day and stay warm!
Hugs,
Jan

Mosaic Magpie said...

I added your beautiful new button to my blog today! I also like it as the header on your blog, very pretty. I am like you with the airports. I guess they think that we look too nice we must be up to something. I would rather have them double check everything, than to wish they had later. I have been doing some cleaning and organizing myself. Feels good to have things in order.
Deb

Blondie's Journal said...

It's nice to have some trips planned already, Connie. We take two a year and still have no idea what we are doing! Colorado sounds beautiful! I'll keep my fingers crossed you go non~stop! And good luck with all of your projects!

XO,
Jane

In the Light of the Moon said...

All the places you listed sound wonderful.Can I squeeze in the luggage perhaps..I could go on a diet and be a few pounds lighter...I really love family reunions..even if they are not my own..hehhee!!Hugs,Cat

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Connie,
Oh wow, I hope that you don't have to wait in line--that's why I don't like to fly anymore...it's such a hassle. I am praying for "smooth sailing" for you and wonderful vacations!!

The heart you made for your mom is phenomenal. I would love to do a feature on it for Valentine's Day--Just let me know if you'd like to be featured on the magazine.
XO
Cindy

Wildflowerhouse said...

I am heading to Tucson in a few weeks and hope to drive as I too am not to happy flying these days. Happy trails to you...!