Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Marbled Blues and Greens Necklace

The good news is I recently sold the last necklace I shared with you on my blog as well as the last pearl one shown. I hope the new owners are enjoying their purchases. Here is another one of my recent designs using a mix of beautiful marble type beads and silver. Because the larger beads have a mix of blues and shades of green in a marble type pattern, I also incorporated some blue pearl beads taken from an old necklace to emphasize that blue. I believe the larger beads may possibly be glass. The necklace is finished off with a small blue glass drop bead at the base. The silver beads in this necklace and the matching earrings are new. The rest of the beads are recycled. They were taken from a couple of different necklaces to use in this design. This necklace has a nice weight to it. It is chunky, but not overly chunky. Silver and blue mix beautifully in jewelry.

No comments: