Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Watercolor Paintings

This first image was inspired by our many trips to Colorado and our dreams to someday own a peaceful cabin by a mountain stream. The mountains are so grand that they really put things in perspective and remind me of what is really important and the insignificance of all the little things we worry about; the cabin represents a safe, warm and cozy retreat in which you can escape the everyday demands we often place on ourselves.





This circle of roses painting was an experiment. I wanted to play with the effects of staining my paper first with cold, strong day old coffee. I was really pleased with the textured pattern and the antique feel left on the paper. I may later add a little more to this painting but for now wanted to keep it fairly simple by adding roses. Roses are, as you will see, one of my favorite flowers to paint.








Finally, the Robin under an arch of roses was inspired by the pattern on some dinnerware given to us that were used for everyday by my husband's grandmother. I wanted to paint the roses loosely just indicating the shapes and not adding too much detail.






I ask that you please respect my copyright ownership of these images as they are originals that I created. They are not to be reproduced or copied in any way without my express written approval.

1 comment:

chateau de fleurs said...

Hi Connie, your artwork is so delightful! I find inspiration on vintage dishes quite often. I think if we open our eyes we can get inspirations all around us. XO Christie