Working on another project. This one hasn't been sitting around quite as long as the CQJP 2012 that I just finished. These are blocks from my CQJP 2013 that I am putting together. The finished project will be a doll-sized crazy quilt.
After creating the blocks I added iron-on interfacing to the back of each. I then cut each block to 3 1/2" squares and arranged them until I was satisfied there was no repetitiveness or seam conflicts. Working row by row I stitched the blocks together using a 1/4" seam and then stitched the rows together using again the 1/4" seam.
The seam allowances were pressed open (as best I could with such small seam allowances). Next I stitched in the ditch - that is I stitched along each seam on top using black thread. It doesn't really show but does keep the seams somewhat flat.
Tomorrow morning I will begin hand-stitching along seam lines with the same golden floss used within each block. After that is done I will be embroidering some icons, monograms, dates etc. scattered around the mini quilt. Some of these photos make the quilt look bright when in fact it is made up of warm colors. At this point I am thinking of adding a black binding and backing on this. By the way, this quilt without the binding is 16 1/2" x 19 1/2" in size.
This morning started off as a rainy, gloomy day until I stepped outside and was faced with our bright yellow tree that came alive with the rain. It just lifts my spirit when I see the gorgeous fall palette.