Monday, October 29, 2012

BJP 2012 for October and Refashioned Jewelry

Black beads worked pretty well for October's beaded lace design.  This piece wasn't fashioned after any real lace, but rather is a pattern/design I created as I went along.  I love scrolls and the added stitching within the design sort of gives it a fancy spiderweb feel. 



Just two more months of beaded lace to go for this 2012 challenge.


I had purchased some Tila Beads and coordinating seed beads in Colorado during my last visit, and since I am trying to use up stash I decided to try to find something I could create with them.  I found the perfect "free" pattern to follow online.  Once I got started it went pretty easily.  I will have to order a clasp to attach since I was unable to find one locally.  I decided to go ahead and share the beading anyway.  I love the juxtaposition of the flat almost stone like finish of the Tila beads against the sparkle of the transparent shiny seed beads.

I've also been working on some jewelry to sell.  I like to recycle components, findings and beads from broken jewelry, especially giving a more modern look to vintage jewelry.  I have some pieces in a local shop and would maybe like to find another shop to display them in, have an open house or sell through Etsy.  What has worked best for some of you? 

10 comments:

Lorraine said...

Love your beaded journal project - the scroll is really nice. Your jewelry is lovely Connie!

Marjolein said...

Pretty beaded lace! I love that kind of shape. How did you do that?
I can't find the link to click on ;-(

margaret said...

a beautiful design Connie, cannot advise the best way to sell but should not think you will have a problem your jewellery is so lovely.

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Thanks to each of you for the nice comments! Marjolein, for some reason my post didn't truncate even though I had it set to. The 'click for more' comment was to show the rest of the post which already showed. It is probably operator problems on my part. Sorry for the confusion. The beaded scroll is done in bead embroidery using 11º seed beads. Black embroidery floss (2 strands)was used for the web part and the little triple detached chains on the tips. Thanks for making me aware.

aprilZ said...

Your beaded lace design would make a beautiful bird's wing. Time's flown, hasn't it? (sorry about the pun!) I can't believe we're nearly at the end of the challenge either.

It's great to recycle - you've created some very pretty pieces. Sounds as if you're on your way if you've already got work in a local shop. Simpler option than selling on the net, but smaller potential market I suppose. I've yet to dip my toe in the commercial beading market so I'm not really the one to advise you. Good luck anyway.

Createology said...

Your black beaded lace is gorgeous. This would be stunning on one of your CQ blocks. As for selling jewelry...I am no help as I am a terrible salesperson of my own creations. Blissful Beading Dear...

Suztats said...

Connie your jewelry is fabulous! Can't advise on the selling....sorry.
Love the black beaded lace design! I'm thinking of a vine with a spider's web attached here and there. It looks great!

Robin said...

Beautiful beaded lace in black, perfect for October! I also LOVE your tila bead bracelet. I hope you'll post a picture of all your BJP lace together in one shot. Please!

scarlett clay said...

Gorgeous necklaces Connie, they'll sell like hotcakes! :)

Mackin-Art said...

Love your black lace - it looks as if it should be adorning a vintage Edwardian gown!