Friday, March 9, 2012

TAST - RUNNING STITCH, Week 10

My the weeks go by quickly! This is week 10 of TAST. This weeks stitch is the running stitch. I had planned to use some bright purple, green and blue this week, but the more earthy hues of rusty red, earthy green and bright golden yellow jumped out at me. They have a country feel to them don't you think?

As usual, I did trees, but actually did an entire row of trees. I added some indications of a windy sky above them, but since blue wasn't a color I chose for this week I used yellow instead. It doesn't show up real well on the tan background.



There are so many possibilities with this stitch that my mind just wouldn't shut off, so it is a good thing I ran out of space ~ lol. I created my initials at the top. Looking at it now I could have been really creative and instead of swirls in red I could have added "ATE" with the running stitch to make the word "create". I don't know why I felt I had to explain that last part???




I am really loving the woven blocks and the little hearts. The blocks were created by running vertical rows of red stitches and then running stitches in yellow in a horizontal direction, weaving in and out as I approached the red. The brick wall didn't translate as well as I had hoped and I know it is the spacing, but you get the idea.



I can't wait to see the others. Again, click on the TAST icon on my sidebar to see more.

5 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Love your stitching. I never think outside the box like this ... or outside the "square" I should say. A friend is having a birthday Monday so I really should cross-stitch or embroider something small for her. My eyes ain't what they used to be so I've kinda set aside stitching and do more crocheting these days. Hope your weekend is a good one. Tammy

jenclair said...

So many people fail to realize how wonderful this stitch is. You've given me some new ideas!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

This one is definitely fun - love the row of little trees!

Raphaela said...

Beautiful. Love the trees.

Hobby Sewer said...

Its so nice - The trees and the weave.