Monday, January 23, 2012

TUSAL - Orts Jar January Reveal!

It's a January full moon and that means time to share our Orts Jars! Here is a close-up of my January orts...





I love apothecary jars and decided to start fresh this year with my orts (old ragged threads). Here is my jar which started from nothing January 1. Think it will be full by the end of the year?







Between BJP, CQJP 2012 and TAST I think it will get pretty full. I may even have to mash it down! Do you orts? There is a link on my sidebar or HERE to see the other participants and their orts jars. What's TUSAL mean you ask: "Totally Useless Stitch-A-Long"

7 comments:

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

I ORTS!
:-)Pat

Suztats said...

I save my ORTS and then use in projects. Hmmm, so I guess they're not useless, really, ......

NickiLee said...

I was wondering if my jar of mish mash threads and fabrics and beads had a name - who knew! Think I will have to go out a buy a pretty jar other than the empty spaghetti jar I've been using LOL!

Anonymous said...

Love seeing all these beautiful jars filled with ORTS!You have inspired me.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm looking for a pretty jar to keep mine in, especially after seeing yours! Mine are in an empty plastic jar that once held mixed nuts - not very photogenic!!

scarlett clay said...

I remember you posting about this, it's such a cute idea...I bet you have to get another jar before the end of the year, just my prediction! :)

~Scarlett

Pamela Kellogg said...

Hi Connie,

I use to save my ORTs and then come Spring, I would chop them up teeny tiny and sprinkle them in my garden for the Robin's to use in their nests. For some reason, I stopped doing that. But now, I started a new ORTs jar. With as much stitching as I do, I should have a nice collection of bits and pieces for the Robin's to use!