Friday, June 10, 2011

Inspiration

I already believe in God and Heaven and this book, Heaven is for Real, just confirms my beliefs. This book is an easy read and so interesting I couldn't put it down and I still can't stop thinking about it. The story is about a family from a small town, Imperial, in western Nebraska who almost lost their 4 year old son, Colton. Little by little and a few months after his operation it came out by comments he made that while Colton was being operated on at the hospital, he had visited Heaven.


I found the part with Colton being sick and then later operated on in the hospital to be so sad even though I knew what the outcome would be. I can't imagine how the family of this little boy must have felt not knowing the future.

I highly recommend this book whether you are a believer or a non-believer. It definitely gives you something to think about.

There was another child, a little girl, a few years ago who claimed to have also visited heaven. She lived with her mother and her mother was an atheist. This little girl began painting heavenly images she said God inspired her to paint. The paintings are amazing! Her paintings had been on display not far from where I live and that was the first I had heard of her. She was nine years old I believe at the time. Her name is Akiane Kramarik. Visit either of these sites to learn more or Google her name... And by the way, her mother is no longer an atheist.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcdOaOuqJOU or
http://www.artakiane.com/home

I recently watched a documentary on TV about a boy who was autistic. He began drawing the city of (I believe) London. The narrator said he had the number of windows in buildings, columns and everything accurate. (It may have been 60 minutes or 20/20 - a program something like that) They decided to test him and flew him over Rome (again, as I recall) for 15 minutes in a helicopter. He had never been there before. They showed a time elapsed clip of him drawing Rome. He started in one area and did the details as he worked out from the center. Again, his large and detailed drawing was almost perfect. I look at one building and can't remember how many windows, their shape, their placement etc. even when I try.

There are miracles around us every day! I keep wondering what God's plan is for me.

1 comment:

Shawkl said...

Connie,

I got the same book just last week and finished it the same day it arrived! I enjoyed it very much! It just reaffirmed my own faith as well!
Hugs!
Kathy
www.shawkl.com