Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I Won! I'm Inspired to Scrapbook and...

Although I have purchased supplies and a couple of great books on scrapbooking, I have yet to create anything. I admire so much of what others have done. One of these days I am going to just sit down and make something and probably shock you all that I finally did it since I have talked about it for so long now. I seem to be a bit of a procrastinator. It took me about five years to finally crazy quilt and now I can't stop. I have also been talking over a year about opening an online shop such as Etsy or Artfire and believe it or not, I finally have the wheels turning to get that done. I guess I feel like I have to have all my ducks in a row before I venture into anything. Not only that, but I am still trying to finish up projects I started in 2010. I am finishing up one of my necklaces now. I have an idea in my head for a 'Keys to The Past' painting I want to create also. I don't understand 'bored'. I feel I could go days - weeks - years 24/7 and not get bored! LOL, maybe staying focused is more my issue?




Look at some of the wonderful tags Gail so generously gave away on one of her blogs, shabby cottage studio! And, I was lucky enough to win. I just love them all (especially the roses)! She has some great art and other information on her blog, so I have added her links so you can see for yourself.


http://www.shabbycottagestudio.com/



http://www.shabbycottagestudio.blogspot.com/



http://www.creativeworkshops.com/



http://www.artfulgathering.com/



I definitely don't lack motivation. When I am finished visiting my friends in blogland I am so inspired by so many! Of course, when I am finished visiting the entire evening has come and gone. I have been trying not to spend so much time on the computer so I can get some creative things done.


I hope you are all enjoying pleasant spring weather. Take care, Connie

5 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I have many scrapbooking supplies but I have only made cards...a scrapbook seems like a big endeavor and I, too, put the idea off! But you sound very motivated and energized...I am impressed!!

Great weather here, too. My bulbs are about to bloom!

XO,
Jane

Mosaic Magpie said...

I agree about not understanding the meaning of the word bored! I have more ideas swirling around in head to last 2 or 3 lifetimes. Scrapbooking is something I have never tried, I know what ever you decide to do,it will be beautiful!
Deb

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Congratulations on the win!!! Oh, boy, do I know what you mean! There are days when I can feel that my imagination is going to explode with ideas, LOL

There are a couple of classes on the artful gathering that I am anxiously awaiting to be able to signup!

xxoo

Pamela Kellogg said...

Connie, those are so beautiful and so wonderful that you won! How nice for you!
Hugs, Pam

Painting Tips and Tricks said...

These are indeed great artworks! Congratulations as well on winning! I am happy for you! Drop by painting blog if you have time. Thanks!....Daniel