Saturday, November 6, 2010

Fall is in the air and I'm Inspired!

Finally, I cleaned off the dining room table, added my fall tablecloth and set out my fall centerpiece. Somehow I totally missed Halloween. I'm bad. I didn't get out one single Halloween decoration this year and was determined not to let this colorful season completely pass me by. I made this centerpiece using a recycled garage sale base and adding these luscious rich fall colored florals. I was actually inspired by an arrangement I saw in an add - arranged in a silver teapot. I decided I liked the warmth of the gold better so went with it. I absolutely love this time of year! Spring and fall are my favorites.





You can see my tablecloth a little better in the following photo. It is actually a piece of upholstery fabric I purchased at Hancock Fabrics. I really liked the rich colors and the fact it looked pieced.




I was also excited this week to receive word that I won a stash of baubles, beads and ribbon from Andrew Thornton's blog. I told you all about it a couple of posts back. I can't wait to receive it and play with all the pieces. I'm just finishing up my fall CQ block and am holding off to see if any of the pieces from the giveaway can be incorporated in the finished piece. I will be posting the block soon. Here is a photo of what I won.




For those not familiar with Andrew Thornton's blog I have posted his link below. He's very creative and talented. He posts often, so be sure to look through his blog and see all it has to offer.


http://andrew-thornton.blogspot.com/



It's beginning to be the busy time of year for a lot of us. Holidays are fast approaching (yes, I know Halloween is over!) and before we know it 2011 will be here. I have two more months including this month to do my monthly bead challenge. I have one beading technique I am anxious to try, but don't have the supplies I need yet. Can you believe that?!?! I haven't found them locally, so I will probably be ordering online. I hope I can keep my enthusiasm for the project until the supplies get here.




I also bought felting needles. Pam at Kitty and Me Designs has inspired me to try it. She does such beautiful felted and embellished pieces that the 'I gotta learn that' bug hit me. Why do I do this to myself?






I am anxious to get painting again too. It has been awhile and I have my photo chosen but just haven't gotten to it. I want to paint the church in the small town I grew up in. My great grandparents were charter members, many of my family were married, baptized, confirmed and buried there. I was baptized and confirmed there also. It is such a part of my history I decided it would be perfect for my 'keys to the past' series. Maybe painting will have to be part of my 2011 goals.




I hope you are all having a great weekend! Take care, Connie

3 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Your floral arrangement is just beautiful. I am not much of a Halloween decorating person as I am fall. I do it in mid October and it comes down after Thanksgiving when the Christmas decor goes up.

Love all the goodies you won and I wish you the best in getting all of your projects done...there is always another waiting!! ;-D

XO,
Jane

Kim B said...

WOW, you won the giveaway-Congrats.
I love those colors in the tablecloth. You are going to be busy--felting, painting and all the other crafts you enjoy. I like that arrangement you made. I am going to try to do that, I havent ever tried before. Have a great Sunday,
Hugs, Kim

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Your fall table looks gorgeous - I really envy you the tablecloth which is so much nicer than the pieces actually sold as tablecloths. Lucky win too - looks like lots of fund things to play with!