I got a late start on my August beading challenge. Fortunately I chose a stitch that worked up rather quickly. I decided to bezel a Rivoli. They are done in a two needle square stitch.
The front half/ring of the bezel is created first. I ended up using tube beads rather than the bicone beads the pattern called for, but I think they worked out great. Shown above are two finished bezelled Rivolis. The one on the left shows the back and on the right is a view of the front. The Rivolis are shown (in the tiny divided white tray) before they are beaded. In the center is front ring of the beading. The back is created in the same manner, but using the outer row of seed beads to build on. This is the first time I have done a project using 15º seed beads. They are really tiny! It's also the first time I have used Fireline. I didn't think I would like it at first because it seemed so stiff, but it isn't too bad once you get used to it and it really feels much stronger than regular beading thread.
Just a side note...The pin cushion is one I designed for a company I worked for in Omaha. The design was also used for 'Wallies'.
And yes, that is a devilled egg dish I am using for my bead tray.
I've joined Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday. Select her button on my sidebar to visit her and find more Show and Tell participants!
Below are some 'doodles' from my friend Darrell. He does the best 'doodles' and had pages of them. I begged for one. I love these!
Here is a close-up of one section...
Have a great weekend!!!