Saturday, June 5, 2010

May Beading Challenge and Pink Saturday

Happy Pink Saturday! I apologize for getting my pink up so last minute. I am still visiting and thoroughly enjoying your posts! I am sharing my pink rose lights. I have them strewn across my mantle and amongst my oil lamps collection...





There is a little pink in my beading challenge project for this month also. As some of you may know, I have challenged myself to learn a new beading technique each month. May's challenge was a technique most beaders already know and many started with. It is called the 'peyote' stitch. For me it was difficult to get started and easy once the first three or so rows were completed. Beading Daily had some great ring projects for beginners and a great tip. One of my previous posts talks about Beading Daily. It is a great site for any of you who may be interested in trying something new! Below is a small relish dish I incorporated to keep everything together on my lap as I work. I will discuss it more on my other blog.




Here are some of my completed rings...






As you can see on the closeup, it is important to use uniform beads. The pink cylinder beads I used were all over the place and although I tried to be careful I picked up one that was longer than the others.

I love how they sparkle in the sunlight!




I haven't made a firm decision as to what my June challenge stitch will be, but I better soon since it is already the 5th! It has been a busy month so far.

Have a great weekend and thank you so much for visiting today! I would love for you to leave me a comment!

13 comments:

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Hi Connie :) I love those pink rose lights! Where ever did you find them!

Happy Pink Saturday to you!

Warmest, Brenda

Char said...

It looks like you are coming along quite well. What a great way to challenge yourself while learning something new. Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Simply Debbie said...

HAPPY PINK SATURDAY CONNIE,
I LOVE YOUR RINGS, ESPECIALLY THE LIGHT PINK.
MY DAUGHTER MADE JEWELRY BEFORE SHE BECAME SICK AND GRADUATED TO HEAVEN. AN ANGEL OF A LADY NAMED HOLLY FROM BANNER HAUS IS CREDITED TO GETTING HER AND HER BFF LEILA STARTED ON MAKING JEWELRY.
HAVE A LOVELY WEEKEND
HUGS AND BLESSINGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE

Anonymous said...

Hello and a very happy Pink Saturday to you!!

It's a very hot summerday in The Netherlands and I'm enjoying all pink posts in the garden! Love Es XX

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

Great challenge! Can't wait to see what you do in June! BTW, I love the pink rose lights!

Happy PS,
Jacalyn

The Artful Diva said...

Your beaded rings are cool!

Ginger said...

Very pretty, how talented you are to make those. Thanks for sharing.

Ginger

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

Hi COnnie!
I love the rose lights and never have seen them before! I bet it looks sweet in the dark with them glowing!
Your rings are gorgeous! These old eyes would never let me make anything so tiny!!
Congratulations on learning a new stitch!!
Hugs and Smiles,
Lynn

Jeanne said...

Hi Connie, I thought they were bracelets at first. I love the look as a ring. Beautiful work done with the beading. The rose lights are awesome.
Happy PS.
Hugs, Jeanne

Nan said...

wow you are talented to made these tiny things, very nice job.
Nice visiting you on Pink Saturday
Take Care
Nan

Unknown said...

Nice job on the rings. Looking forward to seeing what you do for your challenge this month. Happy Pink Saturday!

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: You are so talented. I could never do that. They are very nice. I look forward to what you are going to share on Tea Cup Tuesday. Have a wonderful weekend. Blessings, Martha

In the Light of the Moon said...

Connie,I really love your rings..they are so sweet!!My favorite is the brown with torqois(sp)
in the center.Warmest Regards,Cat