Saturday, May 15, 2010

Old Family Photo



As I was browsing through some of the blogs I like to follow, I checked out what was going on at http://myvintagestudio.blogspot.com/ She had just posted some great old images of kids and it reminded me of an image I had stored on my computer. My husband's aunt had given us a bunch of family photos to copy/scan. This was a tintype and you could barely see the image because it was so dark. I did my Photoshop magic on it and showed it to her. She didn't know who it was. We thought it might be her grandfather in the lower, left-hand side. After figuring out the time period by the clothing, hair styles etc., however, we decided it couldn't be him. We don't think it is her mother either because she only had two brothers and one sister. We may never know, but I love the body language and facial expressions. I would say they had been sitting in pose for quite some time. I would love to do a painting of this some time.

No comments: