Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April Challenge - Woven Wire Necklace Kit

I was torn between trying this new kit I purchased (on sale) for wire weaving or some sort of peyote stitch bead project. I chose to try this kit because it looked like fun and it has been sitting on my dining room table screaming at me to pick it up and try it out. I have worked quite a bit with various wires both at my previous job and at home in my play room. We'll see how I do with this.



I always want to know exactly what is in a kit before I spend my money on it. I am guessing some of you are a bit curious at times as well. I have taken a photo of the items contained in the box to share with you. Besides the nifty "weaving clamp" the kit contains 32.5 feet of silver colored weaving wire, 1 black glass pearl, 2 silver head pins, 3 silver plated jump rings, a T-pin, 2 D-rings, 2 adhesive strips and a silver necklace clasp. A small instructional booklet is also included. A photo of the items follows. The clamp and adhesive strips are only shown on the top image.




It is the 7th of April already, so I am running behind. I am anxious and excited to get started! Keep checking back to see the completed project hopefully before the end of the month!

1 comment:

Christina J. said...

It's always interesting to see what comes in a kit. Even though I love them, I always feel a bit of a letdown with the wire kits; wire and jumprings don't seem as exciting as sparkly bead kits!