Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Leftovers Necklace

I don't know if I have ever shared this with you, but I really have an obsession about my beads. If one (yes even a tiny seed bead) drops on the floor, I'll find it and save it! If I only have one or two beads left from a project, I'll save them! If I have beads I am not particularly fond of, I'll find a use for them! All of that has culminated into this necklace. I put stray or leftover beads into a jar for use 'some day'. My collection was growing, so I decided to string some together. To add uniformity I incorporated turquoise chip beads evenly disbursed throughout the necklace and added some 'less expensive' red teardrop beads to accent. The necklace ended up being about 22" long. I added the pewter butterfly because it just seemed to fit. What I like about it is that it can be worn as a long single strand, or wrapped as shown here either with the butterfly on the top strand or at the bottom. I am always surprised when I received compliments on the necklace because it is such a hodge podge. I must admit I kind of like it too.










No comments: