Wednesday, February 3, 2010

February Beading Challenge - Cube Daisy Stitch and Chevron Chain Stitch





I completed my February challenge already! It was so much fun to do. I encourage you to try it. As you recall, for February's challenge I chose to do this 'Cube Daisy Necklace' which uses both the daisy stitch and, for the straps, a Chevron chain stitch. I ran across it on Ruby's Web site, and following is the link that will take you directly to the instructions: From that page you can navigate to her home page and to the page with samples from other designers as well. www.rubysbeadwork.com/CubeDaisyNecklace.html Ruby has a great site and I encourage you to support it! I will be sending the above image to Ruby later today in hopes that she will post it along with samples from many other designers. It is so inspiring to see what others have done with the pattern and colors. I created mine exactly according to Ruby's instructions, but you will be seeing other versions as the year progresses. This is definitely a technique I want to remember!




No comments: