Friday, February 19, 2010

Gold and Green Bar Necklace

Below is one of the more unique necklaces I have designed. It is about 18" long at the shortest length and the bars are about 1 5/8" long which adds to the overall length. For the focal area I used three gold bars (each 1 5/8" l x just over 3/8" w) from a broken bracelet I had purchased. the lower part that connects them is made up of tubular shaped beads from another piece of broken jewelry, gold seed beads and beautiful two-toned faceted round beads. the main strand is also made up of the faceted transparent two-toned beads. The ends are finished off with short bugle beads and the fastener is a gold toggle clasp. I also made delicate matching drop earrings on gold wires. I have more of the bars to work with, but I guarantee you will not see another necklace like this. I will do something totally different with the remaining bars. My pieces are one-of-a-kind.