Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Woven Seed Bead Pouch

Left is an image of a woven drawstring pouch I designed and created. It is made with tiny seed beads and a lot of patience. I can't even tell you the time that has gone into this piece. The drawstring handle is nylon cording that runs through jump rings attached near the top, inside of the purse. I have made a few others and I will post images of them at a later date. The pattern/design on the pouch and the construction of the piece itself are my own design. I love the feel of the hand woven pieces. The mass produced woven pieces are much stiffer. I got started on bead weaving when a friend shared a pattern for a seed bead woven purse for a doll. I taught myself the brick stitch which was used in the pattern and quickly became addicted.

1 comment:

SharDon Exclusives said...

Oh, my goodness, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this piece! I am so jealous....lol Great colors and beautiful designs.
Sharon