Monday, September 7, 2009

Necklace with Black Ceramic Beads





I had two ceramic beads in my stash that had come from another old piece of jewelry. They have a decorative floral decal on them. I really liked the beads and decided to try doing a choker type necklace with one of them. Feeling like it just looked to expected, I decided to incorporate a drop bead element. The smokey glass beads which are a little smaller than the focus beads with small black beads as spacers seemed to me to work well together. Since the decorative beads were rather large and heavy, they wouldn't make good earrings - not to mention that I only had two. The smokey glass and black combination of beads for the earrings coordinated nicely with the necklace and would go well with a variety of outfits or other black jewelry pieces. Since the focus beads had a metallic gold element I used gold findings. The focus beads also had purple flowers which led me to use the iridized beads also in the pendant area.

No comments: