Monday, August 31, 2009

Wire Crochet Jewelry


Something I've learned that goes quickly and is easy and fun to do is bead crochet. I have been experimenting with it to learn new looks that can be achieved using the wire crochet technique. On the right is one of my wire crochet necklaces using coral beads. The chip beads are from a recent trip to Colorado and the larger beads hanging at the bottom of the chain were purchased in China by a friend. I like the combo of the gold wire with the red beads.








The necklace and earring set shown left was made using purple glass chip beads of various shades and purple coated wire. The earrings were simply chip beads strung onto wire.



These were both accomplished using very basic crochet. I encourage you to try it. As I said, it can be completed in a very short time and the looks that can be achieved are limited only by your imagination.







No comments: