Monday, October 22, 2012

TAST - Italian Knotted Border


I loved doing this stitch, so I didn't end up with much room left on my tag for play later on.  I started with the tree to the left couching the really small ric rac.  The seam directly below the trees was created first and then I threaded the small ric rac through it.  I then started wondering if these other techniques would work for tree varieties.  When I looked at another blank tag this week I wasn't sure I had it in me to do another tree, but once I started I had fun with it.  Click below to see close-ups.



I also played a little with borders.  I like the top one and think it has possibilities.  It was worked in one row, alternating the direction of the stitch and the knot.  The second 'v' section was created in two rounds, one with an arm going down at an angle and knotted at the top and the 2nd overlapping and worked upside-down from the first row.


And now another tree, but a real one in my yard...a couple of weeks ago.  The branches are now bare, but for a short time it just glowed and really lifted my spirit.  Now our yard glows.  It is a reminder winter will be here soon.

5 comments:

Suztats said...

Love your tree tag, Connie. Such a good idea using this stitch to couch rick rack!
The tree in your yard really glows, and I can imagine those golden lights lifting one's spirit. I often think that the wonderful colour display in autumn is a gift, to make up for the dull, grey, dark winter.
Hugs

Createology said...

Your tags of all the different stitches are amazing and such a wonderful reference tool for the future. Brilliant my dear...

margaret said...

good variety here Connie, like Suz says couching ric rac works really well,

Marjolein said...

This stitch has so many possibilities. The tree on the right is my favorite!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Of course you have it in you to do more trees - you can't give up now when you're so close to the end! There must be something about trees in the air this week.