Wednesday, July 25, 2012

TAST Oyster Stitch Tag

Completed my week's TAST stitching.  If you still don't know what this journal project is all about, there is a link on my sidebar that will take you to the source.



I do like the look of this stitch (especially in the variegated thread!  Oh yea), but didn't enjoy stitching it that much.  The additional weight of the pattern is nice, but it seems to me you could do a twisted chain and lazy daisy (detached chain) combination for the same effect.  That is basically what this stitch is. 


Any way, above is my tree for the week and below is a heart to express my appreciation to all of you who follow my blog.  I especially cherish receiving such nice comments.  You all keep me going.


Don't you just love the beautiful variegated threads available these days?  I think they work especially well on this stitch.  I have yet to photograph one of these tags so it doesn't look wonky though.  They really are pretty squared up, but the photos make some of them look lopsided.  Thanks for taking the time to look.

3 comments:

Marjolein said...

I like your oyster leaves. Variegated threads are my favorite. They can provide a more natural look.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I keep wondering if there's going to be a stitch that will stump you with your trees and each week I'm happy to see it hasn't. I'm a variegated thread lover too.

Judy S. said...

Catching up on your blog today. Love the heart and tree. How'd you solve the blogger dilemma? Thanks for still visiting Tuesday Stitchers!